Guarda is a multi-cryptocurrency wallet that provides non-custodial services to users that want to store, send, and receive digital assets. The Guarda Wallet is one of their most popular and well-known products, as it is very used in the crypto community due to its versatility and security. Guarda is a multipurpose wallet that can be used to store a great deal of crypto coins and tokens in a safe environment where the user has total control over his assets.
Guarda wallet is very versatile, as it is compatible to be used in Web, Desktop, or Mobile format.
Desktop Wallet: Guarda’s light desktop wallet is compatible with Linux, Windows, and macOS systems. Using the wallet does not require you to register for an account.
Guarda Web Wallet: The Guarda Web wallet can be used on any device that has internet access. The web wallet can also be connected to Ledger’s API.
Mobile Wallet: Guarda Mobile Multi wallet can be used on both Android and iOS devices. The Android wallet can only be used in versions that are higher or at least Android 4.4. The iOS version features a broad range of device compatibility (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch), and it can only be installed on iOS 10.0 or later versions.
Browser Extension: Guarda also features a Chrome Browser Extension that enables interaction with any of the browser’s dapps.
Android SPV Wallet: Guarda also created open-source single-currency wallets for a diversity of coins. Their Android Moxi wallet was built for Zcash specifically, as it handles shielded transactions.
- Direct Coin Purchase: Guarda allows you to buy cryptos directly from your wallet using fiat currencies either through bank transfer or credit card. Bank transfer is provided through its collaboration with Coinify, and credit card purchases are enabled through their Simplex integration. Users can buy crypto in the following fiat currencies: Euro (EUR), Dollar (USD), British Pound (GBP), Ruble (RUB), and Danish Krone (DKK).
- Ledger Integration: Guarda allows you to integrate your wallet with the popular hardware Ledger wallet. It functions without any problems on the Guarda Web Wallet in Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.
- Token Generator: Another service offered by Guarda is the ERC-20 token generator. This feature allows you to create your own crypto token from scratch, be it for an ICO, a business, or just for the experience.
- Wallet Fees: All versions of Guarda wallet are free of charge. Exchanging tokens or buying cryptocurrency through the wallet will incur a fee though.
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: AYA, BTCB, BNB, BTC, BCH, BTG, BSV, BTH, CLO, ADA, ATOM, DASH, DCR, DGB, DOGE, EOS, ERC20, ELA, ETH, ETC, EXP, GRS, NLG, ZEN, KIN, KMD, LSK, LTC, XMR, XEM, NEO, ONT, QTUM, RDD, XRP, XLM, TRX, USDT, XTZ, UBQ, VET, XVG, VTC, WAVES, YEC, XZC, ZEC, JOYS, ROPSTEN
- Security Features: Guarda Wallet is a non-custodial and open source. Guarda does not keep any of the users’ private/public keys, passwords, or personal data on their servers. This means that the user is the only one to have control over his funds, and this reduces the chance of losing his data or keys to a hack to Guarda’s servers. The mobile version can be configured to have Touch ID/Face ID unlock on compatible devices. This is why hardware wallets are recommended for additional security. A Guarda Wallet is much safer with a linked cryptocurrency hardware wallet. With it, someone has to have the hardware wallet physically in their hand to take funds from the wallet.
Pros & Cons
- Extremely secure: The Guarda Wallet gives complete control over security by providing users control over the usage of their private keys. No one can view another user’s funds without using the encrypted private keys and the secure PIN unique to each user.
- Supports Bitcoin Gold: Guarda was the first-ever wallet to support Bitcoin Gold, which is one of the most decentralized versions of Bitcoin. This opens new avenues for users who wish to trade in emerging cryptocurrencies.
- Has a built-in trading portal: The Guarda Wallet has an inbuilt currency trading portal which allows users to switch between and purchase or sell currencies on the ICO. The wallet also implements Changelly, which allows users to keep track of currency rate fluctuations 'live'.
- Responsive support team: The service team at Guarda is renowned for their fast response times and user support. Any problem or technical difficulty once reported, will be addressed within hours.
- User-friendly platform: Transaction times for purchase & sale are extremely fast, and the transactions get recorded on the blockchain within seconds. The platform is relatively free of bugs and those that do occur, are rectified within hours. Additionally, the wallet allows users to choose their own gas limits and transaction fees, which make the deals more transparent.
- Supports fiat currencies/transactions: Guarda allows users to purchase tokens, coins, and digital assets on the blockchain by tagging their debit/credit card to their wallet. This has made crypto trading and using the blockchain for commercial transactions much easier.
- Multi-wallet support: The Guarda Wallet once downloaded can be personalized to the wallet of preference. The wallet comes in three variations - Guarda Ethereum, Guarda Ethereum Classic, and Guarda Bitcoin – each of which can support their very low currency and tokens. This gives users a lot of freedom and flexibility.
- Limited coin-base supported: Although the wallet supports multiple wallets, the coins it supports is limited.
- Available only on Android: Currently, Guarda is available for Android users only. However, the company is in the process of developing an IOS version of the application.